Position: Administrative Supervisor Transportation- Fleet, Collier County Public Schools
Date Posted: May 17, 2019
Location: Transportation Services
Salary Range: Level 29 ($73,712)
Transportation Services aims to provide a safe and efficient experience for students as they are transported to and from their destination. As the Administrative Supervisor Transportation- Fleet, you will provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation and daily operations of the Transportation Services in a sage and cost effective manner including fleet (busses and district vehicles) schedules. Monitors and coordinates all school bus routes including special populations (exceptional education, ESOL and other various programs, etc.) as needed. Works directly with school principals or designee, and consults with teachers concerning student problems, behavioural problems and special needs. Supervises the activities of assigned bus drivers and attendants.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Five (5) years related experience and/or training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Basic computer skills required (e.g., ability to use email, Excel and Word).
- Assists Director of Transportation with all activities and functions within the Transportation Department.
- Assists Director of Transportation to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state requirements
- Administers standard operating procedures within the Transportation Department in accordance with Federal, state, and local regulations, including Board Policy and existing collective bargaining contracts.
- Plans, schedules, monitors and coordinates school bus routes for special populations to include exceptional education, ESOL and other various programs as needed.
- Works directly with school principals (designees) and consult teachers concerning student problems, behavioral programs and special needs.
- Coordinates with the Director of Exceptional Student education and assistants on program placements.
Supervises the activities of assigned bus drivers and attendants. Provides direction for all district bus attendants. Coordinates evaluations and activities for those assigned to route managers.
- Works closely with Exceptional Student Education Department to ensure students’ needs are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensures oversight of all district-owned vehicular equipment, develops, and implements a maintenance program for such equipment.
- Recommends procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the Transportation Department through the Director to the Purchasing Department.
- Oversight of development of recommendations for new and replacement of buses and district vehicles based on existing and projected requirements.
- Provides direction for all district bus attendants. Coordinates evaluations and activities for those assigned to route managers. Reviews qualifications of Transportation Department employee applicants and makes recommendations for selection.
- Ensures that bus drivers are properly trained, have all necessary driving licenses, and that driving records are maintained and monitored.
- Coordinates training for bus drivers serving specialized populations.
- Develops, administers and maintains an aggressive safety program, to include enforcement the Safe Driver Plan.
- Works closely with school officials to ensure effective, efficient, responsive transportation support along with works effectively with the parents and the community to resolve transportation issues.
- Plans routes utilizing EDULOG routing system.
- Works with Routing/Rezoning Specialist to maximize the efficient use of buses
- Recommends efficient school bus routes and time schedules.
- Prepares cost estimates and maintains cost and schedule data records.
- Keeps current on laws/rules regarding transportation of special populations.
- Serves on the Local Coordinating Board for the Transportation Disadvantaged as a representative of the School Board.
- Evaluates personnel in accordance with collective bargaining contracts and district personnel procedures.
- Assists with coordinates FTE process.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Transportation.
Full Job Description: Collier County Public Schools– Administrative Supervisor Transportation
A complete administrative application must be on file. For consideration, candidates must upload a letter of intent, and current resume into their online application by the end of the vacancy closing date.
Apply online at https://www.collierschools.com/Page/7471
For questions, please contact Daryl Scott at 239-377-0365 or email@example.com.