Supervisor – area transportation
Beginning salary: Based on classification and pay plan for Non-bargaining employees: Grade 17 $ 48,475.00 annually.
Primary functions: To provide safe and efficient bus transportation through effective supervision of school bus routes, field trips and all related services necessary to support the operation.
· High school diploma or equivalent or special diploma required.
· Associate of Arts Degree and three years supervisory experience in a transportation system, school bus transit or commercial bus fleet preferred, or
· Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a large (100 or more) school bus, transit or commercial bus fleet operation.
· Computer skills required.
· Valid Florida driver license.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Knowledge of Florida Statutes, State Board Rules and School Board policies pertaining to school transportation. Ability to analyze problems, determine solutions and implement procedures to resolve problems. Must be capable of effective written and verbal communication. Work effectively with the school bus maintenance section to ensure compliance with rules relating to school bus transportation.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
Please submit resume and letter of intent to Randy Wheeler – Assistant Director of Transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete BEACON application at: https://iss.brevard.k12.fl.us/AT000.pgm