Position type: Director – Transportation, Administrator – District Level
Date posted: 10/16/2018
Location: 2700 Judge Fran Jamieson Viera
Closing date: 10/24/2018
Salary range: $71,517-$87,944
Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the school district’s fleet of school buses; service and maintenance of warehouse trucks; driver’s education and administrative cars and trucks, including the routing, deploying and servicing of these vehicles and the associated personnel. Responsible for the developing and implementing best practices by managing the daily operations and ensuring appropriate resources and personnel are available to deliver safe, effective, and efficient services.
The tasks/competencies listed below represent most of the time spent working in this position. Supervisor may assign additional tasks within the scope of this classification as necessary.
1. Manage budget, fiscal, and manpower planning.
2. Direct standardized implementation of policies and procedures concerning all aspects of the school district’s transportation system.
3. Manage planning of county-wide routing and scheduling.
4. Establish safety standards for bus transportation in relation to bus loops, bus stops at schools and along roadways, and aboard buses in route to and from schools.
5. Direct activities to improve department relations with the schools and the community.
6. Ensure compliance with federal, state and Board regulations. Responsible under these regulations for system-wide reporting.
7. Plan and direct county-wide vehicle utilization and vehicle maintenance programs.
8. Plan for replacement of unsafe and unserviceable vehicles and equipment.
9. Administer state vehicle inspection requirements and conduct accident investigations.
10. Coordinate planning and administer effective employee in-service training programs.
11. Administer contracts/agreements for joint use of vehicles, fuel additives and new product testing.
12. Coordinate with data processing to computerize cost accounting procedures, reports and routing.
13. Participate in state transportation seminars and other training sessions as needed and budgeted.
Light: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Requires Sitting, Standing, Walking, Bending, Stooping, Kneeling, Finger Dexterity, Talking, Hearing and Visual Acuity.
Please see link to full description below for required/preferred qualifications:
For more information see:
Be advised: All applications are subject to Florida public records law.
All applicants must apply in BEACON & send cover letter & resume to:
Dr. Beth Thedy, Chief Operating Officer
via email to Gibson.Linda@Brevardschools.org