Open Date 04/03/2019
Closing Date 04/19/2019
Non instructional/Support – Position – Manager / Transportation Operations
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read maps and plan routes; knowledge of local geographic area.
- Effectively communicate orally and with written communications.
- Minimum of five (5) years school transportation operations experience.
- Possess computer skills and knowledge of software applications, in which computer skills assessment tests may be administered.
- Clean driving history for 5-7 years
- Possess a valid Florida Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with P-Passenger and S-School bus endorsements which is preferred, or be obtained within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws regarding the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Title I and Title X entitlement programs, the Americans Disability Act (ADA), and Exceptional Student Education (ESE).
- Confidentiality and strict adherence to Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Supervisory and/or Management experience is preferred.
- Any alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent or district designee may find appropriate and acceptable.
The ESE Transportation Area Manager reports to the Transportation Operations Manager, and/or the Transportation Director.
The ESE Transportation Area Manager supervises Operations Drivers, ESE Bus Drivers, ESE Bus Attendants and substitute/temp drivers and attendants.
Job goals include but are not limited to managing and training assigned ESE Team member personnel, scheduling special needs bus routes to facilitate the safe and timely completion of daily home-to-school ESE routes for special needs students, and to assign extra curricular activity trips. Attend scheduled Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings which require specialized transportation.
At times, driving a school bus route may be necessary. Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor/Director.