In doing so, Matthews Buses Florida (dba of MBA) became completely independent of Matthews Buses, Inc., in New York. Glenn Matthews and his wife, Lori, are managing the day-to-day operations of the dealership while supporting our great customers as only they can. Their seventh-grade son Lucas even spent some time this summer working at the dealership in the parts department. Therefore, it truly is a family affair. In addition to Matthews Buses Florida, Rifled Air Conditioning Systems, Bus Parts Experts, and Matthews Buses Commercial all became part of Matthews Bus Alliance, Inc., owned and operated by Glenn Matthews.
What did not change? Our location in Orlando and our team’s commitment and focus to serve our great bus customers. This includes our existing team of dedicated mobile service professionals, PDI/DOE certified inspectors, detailers, drivers, parts personnel, award-winning trainers, warranty professionals and salespeople. At Matthews Florida, we get tremendous support as a platinum support certified dealer from Thomas Built Buses and Daimler Financial. When you choose Matthews, you do so knowing that our legacy of trust will guide us in everything we do for you.
So, what else is new? A new state contract with some really “super duper” deals for our great customers. Since FLDOE chose not to publish a pricing and ordering guide this year, we have one available for you at www.matthewsbusesflorida.com.
- Thomas C2 77 Passenger = Lower base price.
- 270-amp alternator standard with purchase of A/C.
- Unmatched standard six- and seven-year A/C warranties on our RAC Systems. All RAC systems come standard with independent dash A/C = three compressors.
- A very competitive propane package with a true medium duty engine and Allison transmission.
- DD5 engine availability = 2018.
- Standard Cummins exhaust brake.
- Seven-year transmission warranty is standard! This started on all units built after Jan. 1, 2016 as part of the Thomas 100-year package. Other manufacturers have since followed suit.
- S.T.A.R.S Seating System. Visit www.matthewsbusesflorida.com/videos to learn more about S.T.A.R.S. and Syntec Seats.
- Syntec S3C seats are standard and completely convertible to three-point and/or integrated child seats.
- Be sure to compare our lift bus pricing versus others for a truly “super duper” deal. Braun or Ricon Lifts – your choice – same price!
- True bumper to bumper five-year warranty plus other warranties up to 10 years offered as standard.
- Proven reliable on-site warranty support. Others talk service, we just do it. It’s in our DNA.
- Cummins CNG engine availability with Allison Transmission on the Saf-T-Liner C2.
- Zonar Hardware installed standard!
On Sept. 11 and 12, 2017 we endured Hurricane Irma. She affected Florida school bus operations statewide and challenged us all to move forward. Some were affected more than others but in the end, we were all part of this historic hurricane and as “one Florida” we move forward. Everyone at Matthews is extremely humbled by the incredible acts of kindness across the entire state and nation to support Florida residents. We are honored and humbled to support Florida district schools.