Job Number 3700135257
Start Date ASAP
Closing Date 04/19/2019
Non instructional/Support – Position – Manager / Transportation Operations
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read maps and plan routes; knowledge of local geographic area.
- Effectively communicate orally and with written communication.
- Minimum of (5) years school transportation operations experience.
- Possess computer skills and knowledge of software applications, in which computer skills assessment tests may be administered.
- Clean driving history for previous 5-7 years.
- Possess a valid Florida Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with P-Passenger and S-School Bus endorsements which is preferred, or be obtained within first six (6) months of employment.
- Supervisory and/or Management experience is preferred.
- Any alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent or district designee may find appropriate and acceptable.
The Transportation Area Manager reports to the Operations Manager and/or Transportation Director.
The Transportation Area Manager supervises: Operations Drivers; Drivers, Bus Attendants and substitute/temporary drivers and attendants.
Job goals include but are not limited to managing assigned personnel, scheduling buses to facilitate the safe and timely completion of daily home-to-school routes and to assign extra curricular activity trips.
At times, driving a school bus route may be necessary. Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor/Director.
Click below to download further information on Area Manager position.